How do I sponsor athletes?
Sponsor Olympic hopeful athletes, and your monthly gift helps provide things like coaching, equipment, medical care, therapy, supplements and a sense of additional support.. When you provide sponsorship for these athletes, you will receive periodic updates on their training, how they are doing in competitions and what life as a world-class athlete looks like. Sponsoring athletes with a monthly donation helps potential Team USA members see their dreams come true. Plus, you develop a sense of pride knowing that you were a huge part of their story.
- Your monthly sponsorship donation is pooled with other sponsors to fund programs that benefit athletes and support their goals.
- Along the way, you will see these athletes develop their skills and performance level and know you directly supported them.
Why sponsor Olympic hopefuls?
The U.S. is one of the only countries that does not pay its hopefuls. And while the majority of people believe these athletes have huge contracts with brands, the truth is, athletes like Michael Phelps are the exception to the rule. Very few hopefuls make over $15,000/year in sponsorships.
This means that everything associated with becoming an Olympian, is out of pocket. Training for just one year averages between $10,000 and $120,000 depending on the sport.
This includes (but definitely not limited to):
- Coaches (rarely is there a single coach)
- Facility fees
- Medical expenses
- Travel expenses to and from competitions, some of which are international
- Competition entry fees
- Therapy/treatment for recovery
- Medical expenses
Why sponsor athletes through The Chasing Gold Project?
When you sponsor athletes through The Chasing Gold Project, you can assured that your donations are going directly to the athletes. Our goal is that 75% – 80% of all donations make an impact where it belongs and that is in the hands of the athletes, not executives with fancy titles.
We will also send updates of the athletes accepted into our program to you. You will be able to see what a day of training looks like, know what competitions they are entering and how they fared. You will develop a relationship with the athletes and feel like you know them!
How do I know these athletes truly need assistance?
The Chasing Gold Project has very strict criteria in place and each applicant will be vetted by our highly-qualified selection committee.
- Show income/sponsorships/prize money is less than $50,000/year
- Have made a world standard within the past year
- Be actively training and competing at a world level
- Be a college graduate
- Show high character
- Never been served a ban from their sport due to doping
How much does it cost to sponsor athletes?
It is completely up to you. We have several monthly donation levels available so you can choose what you are most comfortable with.
How long is my sponsorship commitment?
While you can cancel at any time, you may continue sponsoring athletes for as long as you want.